Peach Bake Off
Wednesday, August 4th, 11am
BLT Luncheon 11:30am to 1:30pm
If you like PEACHES and you like to BAKE then you will definitely want to
join us at the annual BLT luncheon on Wednesday, August 4th and
enter your homemade Peach Pie, Cobbler or Cake for our first ever
PEACH BAKE OFF contest.
We will have a panel of 5 judges who will sample the pies/cakes the day of the contest and there will be a Grand Prize for the winner as well as 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
Pies and cakes will be judged on Appearance, Consistency, Flavor and Creativity.
Rules are simple:
- Contest is open to bakers of all ages.
- No immediate relative of Judges are allowed to enter.
(Immediate includes spouse, children, parents of Judges)
- Pies or Cakes (No hand pies – all must be standard size)
- One entry per person - Pie, Cobbler OR Cake.
- Must be made from scratch – no store-bought crust.
- Entry Deadline – Wednesday, August 4th no later than 10am
- Unrefrigerated entries may be brought in on Tuesday, August 3rd
- Must be present to win
- Recipe with name, address and phone number provided with entries
Pies and cakes will be judged on August 4th beginning at 11am – winners will be announced with prizes given out immediately following the BLT luncheon at 1:30pm.
Meet our JUDGES
Honorable Superior Court Judge Andrew Fuller
40 Years of experience in being a judge and even more experience
in consumption of Peach Pies and Cobblers.
Crevolyn Wiley -
Author of "Cooking with Crevolyn" cookbook, newspaper contributor and host of the "What's for Supper?" radio segment for many years on WDUN. She's never met a peach she didn't like!
Agriculture Commissioner for the state of Georgia.
Owner/Operator/Baker of The Baker’s Daughter at 102 Clarks Bridge Road, Gainesville. Lifelong baker who has mastered baking and cooking in all aspects.
Co-Owner of Jaemor Farms, home of the best peaches in the world, making Drew a certified Georgia Peach expert!
Grand Prize 2nd Place 3rd Place
Kitchen Aide Mixer Ninja Blender & Food Proc Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker